The entry-level Cement Pump Operator I learns basic safety, operations, and repair procedures on equipment, utilizing the mentor program and on job training to include but not limited to: Performing pre- and post-job equipment inspections, performing preventative maintenance procedures, and maintaining support equipment. The Cement Pump Operator assists in the clean-up, repair, and preparation for a job. Responsibilities include:
- Learns basic operations with cement delivery and bulk equipment.
- Develops necessary skills to operate cement equipment as well as the ability to identify, maintain and troubleshoot equipment.
- May be required to drive company light-duty and commercial vehicles.
- Works under strict supervision with little or no flexibility in regards to work methodology. Job duties are highly defined and repetitive in nature.
- Performs work on his/her own as well as provides assistance to other employees as directed.
- Performs and assumes other duties and responsibilities as may be required by immediate supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- 1-3 years of experience driving on a commercial drivers license (CDL) required
- Ability to perform basic mathematical operations
- Competent communication, people, and leadership skills
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule